The weather is getting warmer and spring is right around the corner. It is time for you to get your house into tip-top shape. Use the following cleaning checklist to make sure you don't forget any of the important tasks you need to do this spring.
Are you short on time? You can get all of these basic cleaning tasks finished in less than a day. The following cleaning jobs are the bare minimum every homeowner needs to tackle:
- Vacuum all rugs and wash all floors;
- Launder all throw rugs;
- Wash and disinfect toilets, showers and counters.
- Wash the walls. Concentrate on the baseboards, doors and molding;
- Clean kitchen appliances, washer and dryer;
- Clean vents and replace filters, and
- Clean and flip mattresses. Look for signs of bedbugs.
A Deeper Clean
Giving a little more effort for cleaning your home can really pay off in the long run. If you have a spare weekend or two, you can make your home sparkle by finding the time to:
- Use a ladder to dust and clean the top of furniture, appliances and ceiling fans;
- Rent or hire a professional to deep clean your carpe, drapes and furniture using a steam cleaner;
- Pull out and clean under your appliances;
- Self-clean your oven and defrost and organize your refrigerator;
- Wash your drapes and curtains;
- Clean and scrub your fireplace, and
- Clean light fixtures and shades.
Extra Traditional Spring Cleaning Activities
Spring cleaning is more than just getting rid of dirt and grime. It is about preventing future problems and making things easier for you. Traditionalists may want to add these additional tasks to their spring cleaning regime:
- Inspect the exterior of your home for winter damage. Fix any issues you find or call a handyman to do it for you.
- Change filters in your HVAC system;
- Call a professional to sweep your chimney;
- Wash the exterior of your home, including the windows;
- Organize your pantry and discard any old food or expired medication, and
- Go through your winter clothing to find items you want to give away. Unpack your spring clothes from storage and replace with your winter clothes.
For extra points, call in the professionals. Cleaning pros can get your home looking great in no time. CCS Cleaning & Restoration helps residents and businesses in Southern Minnesota with all of their cleaning needs. They are pros with almost 50 years of experience of providing deep cleaning and remediation services. Contact CCS Cleaning & Restoration today, so they can take care of all of your spring cleaning needs tomorrow.